8.03.2014

The Weekly Claire: A Month of Kansas's Edition

This morning we woke up to RAIN!  There was a fantastic rumbly-bumbly thunderstorm, with big rain drops and such.  I was most welcome.  A few weeks ago the pump in the pond up and stopped working.  I did all I could do and then contacted the landlord, turns out the thing was still under warranty so they replaced it.  Funny thing is that pump was WAAAAY more pump than was needed for this little pond and it hadn't working really well for sometime so the lovely babbling brook turned it a fire hose of water shooting EVERYWHERE!  It took me a few days, a lot of rocks and some foil to contain all the rushing water into suitable waterfall again.  In the mean time we lost a lot of water and I wasn't about to pay for it, so I just waited for it to fall from the sky.  Now fish and friends (fish is the remaining orange goldfish, friends are the twin medium size green fish, the large black with a orange collar and the fry) are extra happy with a full up pond.   


I started my Kombucha, I'm growing a scoby from a bottle of original plain kombucha so it'll take a little longer than usual.  I named it Scooby the scoby.  Though in its current appearance I should call it Lawrence, of arabia.  


Happy rain fall! It wasn't a big storm system but it had no intentions of going anywhere, it just lingered over us for a good 4 hours.  Woot for free water.


We went to Dean and Deluca, and I was not impressed.  It was all things I had already seen, eaten, made or could get cheeper somewhere else.  They are an institution but they've gotta do better.


Finally, my x-wing.  Just chilling in my craft closet while it waits for a desk.  I didn't get the job at KU, which I figured but it took me emailing them 3 times to find this out.  Even though I interviewed, made my references jump up and down to get letters of recommendation to them over a weekend (mind you I had to do this, not them they didn't ask me to ask for them until 5:28 on a friday and then needed them on MONDAY) they didn't have the where with all to call and say I didn't get the job.  They were just going to let the start date slip by.  SUPER CLASSY




No comments: