8.07.2014

Easy Dinner- Pork Chops

I love to cook, but I really don't want it to take too long.  Dinner doesn't take long to eat, I don't want to put too much work into it.  Most of my cooking doesn't come from recipes, it comes from techniques.  I never "learned" to cook, it was just something I grew up doing, the idea of not "knowing" how to cook is beyond me.  Roasting and broiling are two of my favorite techniques and when you're lucky enough (like I am right now) to have double ovens I've been doing a lot of it.  I just walk away, make a salad and pull out dinner.

 PORK CHOPS! So these are from The Local Pig, and have been brined but nice thick chops with some fat on them will do nicely. 


Arrange on the broiling pan, we cheat and put foil in the pan so that clean up is faster. 


Season!  This is a sage and savory rub from a great book, which I cannot remember the name of right now.  Dump a bunch on there, drizzle a little olive oil on then get rub all around.  I normally wear a latex glove so my hands stay clean.


BROIL!  Yes thats it, set the oven to broil, stick them on the top rack and enjoy the crispy goodness.



Roast some asparagus  and potatoes (or seen here sweet potatoes).


Make a salad, and in about 30 minutes you've got dinner and you didn't do very much work.  


No comments: