10.05.2014

The Weekly Claire: Gainfully Employed Edition

So now I have a job and a commute.  A 40 minutes one way commute.  So far its not too much of an issue however I get home much latter than I used to which cuts into my "doing stuff" time.  I'm just trying to use my weekend time wisely.  Saturday is all "house" stuff.  Grocery, cleaning, bills etc.  Sunday is crafty-pants type stuff.  So far its been working out.  I've been using my calendar to make sure I get everything squeezed in that needs to be and not to forget the super important bits.



My Lab coats enough their new home hanging by desk.  They're mostly there to just protect me from the product.  When I sample tanks (huge huge huge tanks) the stuff can move at an alarming rate and spray all over me.  So that my friends is why we wear lab coats.  Also because girl pants have stupidly small pockets and I need a lot of stuff when I'm on the floor.  



I get to eat my lunch at my desk, so I have an hour of quite.  I eat and read my backlog of comic books or a book.  Then knit at watch the lectures from my online Coursera class.  I have pretty dull lunches these days.  I got really tired of making sure we had leftovers or cooking a specific meal to last all week.  So gluten free sammies for me! (I have perioral dermatitis and they believe that wheat is trigger so NO WHEAT)



These are my super pretty and tasty breakfast sammies.  I cook the eggs in a whoopie pie tin (greased with bacon drippings) they only take like 10 minutes.  2 slices canadian bacon and a half a slice of cheese.  All on a gluten free bagel thin.  I put them all in the fridge and warm them up in the morning.  

The coffee maker is down, while I wait for the replacement tank.  Its been leaking and we don't want to buy a whole new one.  It just means I can put the french press to use.  It makes some pretty tasty coffee.  Sadly the replacement might not be here for weeks.  I might knit a little coozy.  


PUMPKINS!!!!!!! 5 of them.  I love love love love halloween and I love pretty pumpkins too.  The "normal" one and the 2 little ghosties came from the farmers market.  The green and dark orange from grocery store of all places.  I decorated to halloween yesterday, and have some lights to put up at work too.  Still haven't thought up a costume yet this year, but I'm thinking about being Tina.  




No comments: