4.06.2008

Sew Sew

I've been knitting, in fact I've finished two projects this weekend. I've order two sweaters of yarn, thanks to some really good sales. I've also been sewing. I broke out the little sewing machine that the Hub bought me for my birthday *Cough* um that was the last birthday, not this one.
sewing
Its a good little machine, I'll see how I feel about it when I really get going. I've got my eye on a little fancier one. I would fell a little guilty about buying a new one, seeing as this one was a gift.
Sooooo while we were in Nashville one night to blow through a mess of gift cards that the Hub had accumulated from various gift giving holidays I found this book.



Its like the "Stitch and Bitch" of sewing. If you already have a wee knowledge of sewing (thanx mom) its really good at getting you up and running. So here it is, my first project since high school. Back then I made a mess of super ugly purses out of some lime green wide whale corduroy.

First Project

After getting that done, I searched town for pattern paper. This mythical thing doesn't seem to really exist. So I just bought big graph paper and stuck them together with tape. I also got some fabric for my next project.

Next project

Give me a week or so I'll show you the results.

No comments: